Craft the perfect mix in Sonar with these handy hints.
The mix is where all your musical efforts come together into a satisfying sonic experience — or at least, that’s the ideal. Fortunately, Sonar has several tools that can help you with the mixing process, so let’s put them to good use.
Mix Recall is very useful, but it is not ‘clip edit recall’ — it’s a function that comes into play only when the arrangement is complete and you’re ready to mix. While editing, I’ve usually done a rough mix so, when it’s time to do the ‘real’ mix, the first step is taking a Mix Recall snapshot so I can always reel myself in if the song strays too far from its roots.
As you build up a collection of mixes, you’ll...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.