The latest version of Reason introduces new Player devices and a big update for flagship synth Europa.
I was fortunate at this year’s Superbooth to be working next door to the lovely Propellerhead folk. Not only did I get to hear some incredible bleeps and growls from the upcoming Noise Engineering Rack Extensions, I also got to explore some big new features in Reason 10.1...
We looked in depth at Reason 10’s flagship synth Europa back in December. It’s a really clever and versatile wavetable synth, featuring multiple shapers/modifiers and spectral filters that dynamically regenerate the source wave. The updated version in Reason 10.1 can import a sample for use as the wavetable source or spectral filter shape. Forget how a regular sampler works, the stuff you can do here with a single sample is mind-blowing.
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.