We show you some of Sonar’s lesser-known functionality.
Usually this column covers a specific topic in depth, but this time around, I’d like to focus on some useful Sonar features that are fairly easy to overlook — starting with the DSP menu.
Maybe it’s the negative connotations with the word “destructive”, but using DSP instead of real-time processing has some unique advantages. Although the DSP functions have been neglected over the years, and it looks like fixes will not be forthcoming, we’ll figure out some workarounds.
For example, suppose you create a Groove Clip only to find out there’s a click at the beginning because the loop doesn’t start with zero amplitude — you grab the clip handle and add...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.