Hannover-based developers Zynaptiq, who have impressed us in the past with a number of innovative plug-ins, have announced the launch of Adaptiverb, which they claim is “a ground-breaking approach to reverb and sound design”.
Adaptiverb, Zynaptiq say, is “powered by advanced artificial intelligence” and that enabled to to intelligently adapt to the source sound. It differs from traditional reflection-based acoustic room-modelling because, they claim, “it adds perceived depth, harmonic richness, and butter-smooth tails without obscuring the source. Preserving the tonal definition and directness of your mix, it adds size, glue and body – making it perfect for mixing and mastering applications alike.”
It also employs advanced synthesis, cross-filtering and reverb pitch processing functionality, the aim being to provide creative options for making evolving drones, organic pads, lush ambient soundscapes, and more.
We’ll look forward to putting this one through its paces!
Key Features and details of pricing/availability, taken from the press release, are as follows:
- Bionic Sustain Resynthesis creates stunningly organic tails, eliminating noisy components from the input for clear, harmonic results free of graininess.
- Harmonic Contour Filter (HCF) circuit for removing effect components not in tune with the input, a captured harmonic fingerprint, or a set of notes defined using an on-screen keyboard.
- Filtering and pitch quantization based HCF Keyboard modes to conform the effect to a specific key.
- HCF HOLD mode for creating cross-filtering effects.
- Ray Tracing and Allpass based reverb engines.
- Input FREEZE function for creating drones, pads or infinite reverb type sounds.
- SIMPLIFY function that recreates the input’s harmonic content with a small amount of oscillators for additive synthesis type sounds — without the warbliness.
- RICHNESS parameter for adding octave, fifth or unison interval harmonics into the reverb.
- Pre-Processing section including harmonic synthesis based AIR.
- More than 400 presets covering a broad range of effects.
- MIDI control of all key parameters.
Adaptiverb is available to download now from Time+Space and authorised resellers, and there’s an introductory discount of 40% off until 30th September 2016.
For full details, videos and more visit:
For a full list of UK resellers visit:
Adaptiverb is available to download now from the Zynaptiq web site and authorized resellers worldwide. Until September 30th, 2016, a special time-limited introductory price of USD 149 is available, after which the regular SRP is USD 249.