With Mackie’s experience in making monitors, it’s no surprise that their affordable new range punches above its weight.
Mackie have reinvented their monitor range several times since the original HR824 was released way back in 1997. In 2008, the company launched a more attractively priced MR range of speakers (see SOS July 2008 review), following it up in 2011 with a MkII range (reviewed SOS October 2011) and now, as reviewed here, a third iteration.
This new MR line is distinguished by a much more stylised external profile than previous models, though there’s more to the baffle shape than cosmetics — the baffles incorporate Mackie’s logarithmic waveguide,...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.