With Smart Tempo in Logic Pro 10.4, you need no longer record to a click.
In the May 2016 issue (http://sosm.ag/may16logic) we looked at using the iOS app Music Memos to record scratch ideas and then bring them into Logic. The Music Memos app analyses the harmonic and rhythmic content of the recording and then allows you to load it up along with its tempo and harmonic analysis right in Logic. Now, with the Logic 10.4 update, Apple have incorporated the tempo analysis aspect of this technology into a new feature called Smart Tempo.
In this month’s Logic workshop we...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.