Dubbed the DMA73, the new rackmountable mic preamp offers 80dB of gain, and in line amplifier mode offers 50dB. There is no iformation yet available on the Heritage Audio website, but the DMA73 is already shipping and will be available for $2200.
Manufacturer's feature list:
• 80dB Class A Microphone preamplifier, HI-LO selectable minimum input impedance, balanced and floating. High gain positions show a higher impedance, ideal for old ribbon mics.
• 50dB Class A Line preamplifier, bridging input impedance, balanced and floating.
• All discrete Class A Ultra High Impedance J-Fet Direct Input on a high quality Neutrik Jack. The DI circuit is ahead of the Mic Input transformer, so the transformer is on when in DI mode.
• Class A single ended, 2N3055 driven, high headroom B283 output stage.
• Individual Neutrik gold plated XLR connectors for microphone and line inputs.
• Gold Plated Neutrik XLR output.
• PAD: 20dB Mic input attenuation ahead of the input transformer to avoid overloading it.
• HI PASS FILTER: Active all discrete Class A 3rd order Bessel, 80Hz Hi Pass Filter. 18dB/octave slope.
• OUTPUT control to allow overloading of the preamp.
• External linear PSU to avoid electromagnetic radiation into the audio transformers (a.k.a. hum).
• Carnhill Input and Output transformers.
• 3 gain stage, genuine B283 gain card modular construction.
• Marconi style knobs and vintage style engraved pushbuttons.