Tascam have announced that they will release the SD-20M 4-track recorder for installation, in May. With an SRP of only £225 inc. VAT, the SD-20M is an affordable solution for conference centres, schools and houses of worship, with an emphasis on reliable and straightforward recording.
Featuring stereo RCA line-inputs on the rear, the 1-U rackmount includes a pair of microphone preamps with phantom power for direct microphone recording. Both the mic inputs and line inputs can be recorded simultaneously in four-track mode. Using the dual recording mode, users can capture a copy of the audio at a lower level, as an insurance against distorted takes.
The SD-20M also includes a battery backup system: AA batteries can keep recording for hours in case of power loss. A wired remote or footswitch can be attached to control recording and playback, whilst variable speed playback allows the playback to be changed without affecting the pitch.
- Four-channel solid-state recorder
- Two microphone inputs with phantom power on XLR - 1⁄4" combo jacks
- RCA stereo line inputs and outputs
- WAV or MP3 recording formats supported
- AA battery backup – keeps recording even after power loss
- SDXC media slot supports up to 128GB cards
- File divide feature
- Dual recording function records a copy of your audio at a lower level for a distortion-proof safety track
- Variable speed playback changes speed without changing the pitch
- Simple user interface
- 1/4" stereo headphone output
- Remote jack for wired or footswitch control