We check out API’s 500‑series version of the 2500 bus compressor.
API have made compressors for the 500‑series format for a very long time — the 525 first became available way back in the 1970s! Since then, we’ve seen the 525b, launched in the ’90s, and the 527, which was reviewed by Hugh Robjohns in SOS October 2010 (http://sosm.ag/api-527). Based primarily around the 225L compressor module from API’s highly regarded Legacy Series and Vision consoles, the 527 also included a limited implementation of API’s unique, patented Thrust side-chain filter circuit that defined the operation of the company’s revered rackmount-format 2500 stereo bus compressor. Both modules were mono designs, but API have now taken the next logical step with the introduction of their first ‘doublewide’ 500‑series module: the 529 is a two-channel, stereo-linked...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.