Add a human element to your drum parts with Sonar’s various quantising options.
The big news is that, in a 23rd February news release, the Cakewalk home page (www.cakewalk.com) said that: “BandLab Technologies today announced the acquisition of certain assets and the complete set of intellectual property of Cakewalk Inc from Gibson Brands.” By the time this issue hits the streets we’ll probably know the details, but presently we do know that while Sonar will no longer be called Sonar (apparently due to legal reasons), it will retain its incarnation as a desktop application, and both Noel Borthwick and Ben Staton have been retained from the engineering team. Stay tuned — as Yoda once said: “Always in motion is the future.” [Stop Press: Cakewalk by BandLab...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.