Increase the stereo width of your tracks with Mid-Sides processing in Sonar.
As a write this, there’s been some exciting news: Sonar has been reborn as the free program Cakewalk by BandLab. It’s essentially Sonar Platinum, but without third-party add-ons that involved licensing (no Melodyne, Nomad Factory, and so on). It’s also 64-bit only, so 32-bit DX plug-ins will have no platform they can run on in the future. However, you can continue to run either the 32- or 64-bit version of Sonar, it simply won’t be updated any more. Also, the extras that were part of Platinum will continue to work in Cakewalk — if you had Melodyne Essential before, you still have it now.
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.