Press Release: Alesis, the world’s leading manufacturer of electronic instruments and components for today's musician, today announced the introduction of their new Coda Series digital pianos, full-sized 88-key units that are ideal for a wide variety of performing and recording requirements.
The Alesis Coda and Coda Pro are full-featured 88-key digital pianos that have the versatility and rich sound today’s musicians are looking for. They’re the perfect solution for any situation where a full-size keyboard is needed, but where portability and affordability are also important. They are ideal for piano students, stage and studio use, schools, theatres, and houses of worship. Both the Coda and Coda Pro have 20 built-in piano voices (such as Grand Piano, Electric Piano, Drawbar Organ, etc.) and the versatility to split or layer two voices simultaneously. With 50 piano accompaniment styles to choose from (such as Slow Rock, Vienna Waltz, Jazz Pub, etc.), players can select the perfect style for any solo performance situation. Players can even connect the Alesis Coda and Coda Pro to their comput- er via the USB-MIDI port for full 88-key control of their virtual instrument software or plugins. Alesis designed the Coda Series to have it all: great sound, a full-size 88-key keyboard and complete control over virtual instrument software and plugins.
- Full 88-key keyboards cover the full piano range
- 20 built-in voices, with ability to split or layer two voices simultaneously
- Play along with 60 preset songs or record your own with the User Record mode
- Duet mode with 50 accompaniment patterns
- Exclusive built-in sounds from industry-leading virtual instrument developers AIR and SONiVOX
- Lesson mode divides the keyboard into two areas with the same pitch and voice • Built-in DSP with adjustable EQ, Reverb, and Chorus FX
- Transpose control, built-in metronome
- USB-MIDI and MIDI DIN output
- Aux 1⁄4” output; (2) 1⁄4” headphone outputs
- Stereo 1⁄4” Aux input for playing along with external equipment
- Sustain pedal included
The Coda Pro adds Authentic Hammer-Action Weighted Keys to the above, giving the player a true, “real piano” feel to their playing experience.
In addition, the Alesis Coda Keyboard Stand is available as an accessory to both pianos. The Stand connects to the Coda with just a single cable and adds three-pedal functionality: Soft, Sostenuto and Sustain. Its genuine wood finish adds a classic touch to any setting.
“For students, serious enthusiasts and professionals looking for a full-sized, versatile digital piano that is a great value and also easy to transport and set up, they couldn’t do better than the new Alesis Coda Series, “ said Walter Skorupski, Product Manager at Alesis. “Add to their great basic perfor- mance and terrific sound their ability to interface with a player’s virtual instrument software and plug- ins, and players will find that the Coda Series offers the complete package.”
The Alesis Coda Series will be available in April 2015 with the following MSRPs:
Coda Pro: £379.99
Coda Stand: £79.99