The GIK Acoustics Evolution PolyFusor is a combination of a polycylindrical diffusor and an absorber merged into a single unit. Polycylindrical diffusors, or polyfusors, are known for their excellent dispersion characteristics over a very wide range. The curved front plate allows for virtually perfect spatial diffusion, while letting lower frequency waves pass through to the cavity of absorption behind.
According to GIK Acoustics, the Evolution PolyFusor is best used in multiples to keep the sound spread evenly throughout the room, and to help with low frequency build up and standing waves. The Evolution PolyFusor is a suitable solution in a room where wide-band dispersion is needed, especially as an addition to deep corner bass traps and other absorbers.
Features of the Evolution PolyFusor
- Standard dimensions: 1200mm tall x 600mm wide with a narrow 155mm profile
- Thin wood poly lets low frequency waves in for low end absorption
- Suitable for front wall, rear sidewalls or back wall of control rooms — essentially anywhere in a live/recording room
- The Evolution PolyFusor smoothly transitions from a bass trap at 80Hz, to upper-bass/lower-mid scattering device, to diffusor. Starts diffusing at 600Hz.
- When properly used in multiples, in relation to boundaries and/or with absorption, "the Evolution PolyFusor truly sounds neutral but provides a bigger feel psychoacoustically", say its makers.
GIK Acoustics-Europe General Manager David Shevyn adds, “The Evolution PolyFusor is another dynamic product that we’ve developed that provides form and function at a reasonable price. Poly diffusors are a great way to retain life in a space without creating unwanted glaring, smearing or other mix position horrors.”