Last month, we reported on the newly conceived Modern Latin Music Summit, a hugely ambitious online event that will host some of the biggest names in the Latin music industry. Today, they've officially unveiled their full line-up — check out their press release below for full details.
Press Release 02/07/2021: Officially today, the lineup and programming for the Modern Latin Music Summit has been announced. Presented in association with Sound On Sound Magazine, the two-day global, virtual event curated for the new generation of creators working in the Latin music industry will feature 25+ award-winning Latin music artists, songwriters, producers and industry leaders. Programming will cover timely and relevant topics including TikTok, NFTs, streaming opportunities and growth for Latin music, songwriting and production masterclasses, networking opportunities and more. Register now and view the full program here.
Featuring some of the biggest names in the Latin music industry, the Modern Latin Music Summit offers access to highly sought-after producers, engineers, music creators and industry leaders, including; Multi-platinum Songwriter Ale Alberti (Alesso, Becky G, Lele Pons), Recording/Mixing Engineer Maria Elisa Ayerbe (Ricky Martin, Marc Anthony, J.Lo), Electric Feel Entertainment’s Austin Barmak, Producer/Composer at EBM Studio’s Emmanuel Briceno (Musical Director for Juanes), FOH Mixing Engineer Carolina C. Antón (Kool & The Gang, Gloria Gaynor, Natalia Lafourcade), Latin Urban-Reggaeton Sensation Dalex, Songwriter Dani Blau (Sebastián Yatra, Tini, Danna Paola), rising Colombian Producer/Songwriter Simon Dice, Reggaeton Producer and DJ Dimelo Flow, Songwriter GALE (Anitta, Selena Gomez, Lele Pons), Attorney Pierre Hachar (The Hachar Entertainment Group), Latin Grammy-winning Producer James Joubran (Alvaro Alcocer y las Buenas Influencias, Marc Anthony, San Luis), Argentine Trap Star KHEA, Producer and Engineer Guillo Lefeld (Adam Lambert, Ariana Grande, Chayanne), TikTok Media and Music Partnerships Manager Judith Gómez Machado (Spanish South America & Caribbean), Songwriter/Producer and Musician Albert Sterling Menendez (Shakira), Producer/Songwriter Nito (Selena Gomez), Reggaeton’s newest artist on the rise Nobeat, Pandora’s Head of Industry Relations and Artist Marketing of Latin Azucena Olvera, Rich Music Inc.’s VP of Management and Business Development Giovanna Perez, Puerto Rican Latin Grammy-winning Singer/Songwriter paopao, Producer Rike Music, 3X Grammy-nominated Producer/Engineer Franklin El Medico Rodriguez (Diplo, Daddy Yankee, Locos Por Juana), Grammy-nominated Mixing Engineer Frank Socorro (Amy Winehouse, Nas, Salaam Remi), Music Producer/Multi-instrumentalist and Artist Ali Stone (Cami, RBD, Danna Paola), 5X Latin Grammy-nominated Musician Juan Ignacio Sucre (Los Mesoneros) and Nevarez PR’s Michelle Velez.
Programming will include breakout sessions, one-on-one speed networking, production masterclasses, a virtual stage, mentoring sessions, panels and product demos with opportunities for attendees to participate and experience multiple interactive areas, similar to in-person participation, with rooms that are optimized for connecting and engaging.
Program highlights include;
- Latin Trap Production Tips and Breakdown (Spanish) - Argentine Trap Star KHEA and Reggaeton’s newest artist on the rise Nobeat come together for a full discussion about Latin Trap production, a track breakdown and to share tips and tricks.
- How Do Songwriters Create Hits for Top Latin Artists (English) - A conversation about songwriting, collaboration, placement, and connection with some of the most prolific songwriters who have worked for Selena Gomez, Anitta, Becky G, Lele Pons and many more.
- The Cultural Impact of Latin Music in the World with Pandora (English) - Latin music has always had a strong influence across multiple genres all over the world. With streaming opening up new lanes, the influence of Latin music is only intensifying. This panel will discuss how Latin music is outpacing other genres in the streaming market, where new revenue opportunities exist and how the influence of Latin music is affecting music culture across the globe.
- NFTs for Music Creators (English) - Non-Fungible Token has taken the art and music world by storm in recent months. In this presentation, we will explore NFTs and cover the new opportunities available to music artists and creators.
- TikTok: Mejores Prácticas y Narrativas (Spanish) / Practical Guide for Music Creators on How to Get Started on TikTok - All you need to learn about TikTok as a Music Artist: first steps, For You Page, in-app tools, narratives for public figures, best practices and success stories.
- Producing with SampleTank4 and Syntronik with Albert Sterling Menendez (Spanish). Sponsored by IK Multimedia.
- Producing with Miroslav Philarmonik and T-RackS with Emmanuel Briceno (Spanish). Sponsored by IK Multimedia.
- Art of Remixing with Dimelo Flow (English/Spanish) - Remixing songs is an incredible way to extend the life of music releases while still working on new music. Join Dimelo Flow in a masterclass to receive pro tips and discuss the process of remixing songs into new compositions.
- What’s the Future of Latin Trap (English) - Join Austin Barmak, Frank El Medico Rodriguez, and Michelle Velez for a panel discussion about the history and influence of Latin Trap music and predictions on what’s to come.
- Immersive Sound Mixing Applied to Music Video (English) - A discussion about the creative techniques and immersive ways to mix audio for 360 videos and VR projects using the most widely accepted Ambisonics B-format. This session is sponsored by Audeze.
- Live demo of KORG i3 Keyboard.
- Songwriting Masterclass (English/Spanish) - This masterclass will provide a discussion and overview about the songwriting process including the key elements of a well-written song, how to craft effective lyrics and tie in themes throughout.
- Mix Feedback Session: Keeping The Flavor In Your Mixes (English) - Frank Socorro, Maria Elisa Ayerbe, Guillo Lefeld and James Joubran team up to provide feedback and helpful tips on how to keep flavor in your mixes. This session is sponsored by Leapwing Audio.
- SoundGirls Mentoring Session (English and Spanish) - Join SoundGirls for a mentoring session with women leaders in professional audio as they provide advice, answer questions and share their experiences when it comes to working in the music and audio industry.
The Modern Latin Music Summit is presented in association with Sound On Sound Magazine, conference sponsors KORG and IK Multimedia, session sponsors Audeze and Leapwing Audio, and community partner SoundGirls. Additional media sponsors include Gearspace.com. Publicity and media services provided by Pitch Candy PR. Registered attendees will be eligible for over $2,000 worth of prizes and giveaways including the KORG i3, IK Multimedia Total 3 MAX, IK Multimedia Studio Trio, and one Leapwing Plugin of choice.
To register for Modern Latin Music Summit or for more information, visit the URL below.