A complete list of winners of the annual Music Producers Guild Awards has been announced following a ceremony at The Tower Hill Hotel in London on the 9th June 2022. A total of 15 categories were presented, with the ceremony hosted by broadcaster Abbie McCarthy.
UK Producer Of The Year was won by Marta Salogni, who’s talent was first recognised in 2018 when she won Breakthrough Engineer of The Year, and again in 2020 when she won Breakthrough Producer of The Year. Manon Grandjean was awarded Mix Engineer of the Year by multi-award-winning songwriter, Kamille, for an astonishing year of work with artists including Noa, AJ Tracy & Lxandra. Manon was first recognised in the 2017 MPG Awards, when she won Breakthrough Engineer of The Year and then Engineer of the Year in 2018.
Olga FitzRoy MPG Executive Director said "It's wonderful to see the career-progression of some of our winners this year - it shows that progress and longevity are possible in this industry, and that the MPG Awards, voted on by working professionals, really are among the most meaningful of music awards."
Inflo was once again awarded for his amazing work, taking home Writer-Producer Of The Year for a second year running. He also produced the Album Of The Year - Little Simz: ‘Sometimes I Might Be Introvert’. Fiona Cruickshank also took home two awards – Breakthrough Producer Of The Year and Recording Engineer Of The Year.
There were two new categories this year, Vocal Producer of the Year, which was presented by Ellie Goulding to Lorna Blackwood for her work with Dua Lipa, & Calum Scott and the Rising Star Award, which replaces the previous Breakthrough Engineer category to include early-career recording, mix and mastering engineers, in an effort to highlight more of the new talent rising up through the industry.
Another notable recipient was the singer-songwriter, guitarist and producer, Joan Armatrading who received the MPG Outstanding Contribution To UK Music award.
The winners for each of the MPG Awards categories are as follows:
- Producer of the Year, sponsored by Flare Audio: Marta Salogni
- Writer-Producer of the Year, sponsored by Session: Inflo
- Breakthrough Producer of the Year, sponsored by Sonnox: Fiona Cruickshank
- Self-Producing Artist, sponsored by Shure: Lau.ra
- Recording Engineer of the Year, sponsored by AMS Neve: Fiona Cruickshank
- Rising Star, sponsored by JUCE: Matt Taylor
- Mix Engineer of the Year, sponsored by Miloco: Manon Grandjean
- Mastering Engineer of the Year, sponsored by Solid State Logic: Kevin Tuffy
- Vocal Producer of the Year, sponsored by Synchro Arts: Lorna Blackwood
- Unsung Hero, sponsored by Musicians’ Union: Tom Gray
- Studio of the Year, sponsored by Dolby: Abbey Road Studios
- Original Score Recording of the Year: Lisey’s Story (Apple TV+ Original Series Soundtrack)
- Album of the Year, sponsored by Avid: Little Simz: ‘Sometimes I Might Be Introvert’
- The MPG Inspiration Award, sponsored by Audio Note: Linda Perry
- The MPG Award For Outstanding Contribution To UK Music, sponsored by PPL: Joan Armatrading