Live sound manufacturers Alto Professional have announced the introduction of their workhorse small-venue PA system, Trouper. It’s a compact high-performance PA system designed to fulfil the unique demands of solo artists and small ensembles. Building on their experience with the widely acclaimed Truesonic and Black Series large-scale sound reinforcement systems, Alto turned their engineering expertise to developing the best small-venue PA system possible.
Trouper is a 2-way 200-watt bi-amplified system housed in a very trim enclosure measuring just 8.4 x 29.2 x 10.1” (212 x 740 x 257mm). The drive units are three 6 ½” (165mm) woofers and a 1” (25mm) high-frequency compression driver, which should cover all the frequencies required by singer-songwriters (65-20kHz). Its internal amplifier is divided 130 watts to the woofers and 70 watts to the tweeter. The system has thermal and dynamic overload protection, in order to keep the sound as clean as possible, no matter how hard it’s pushed.
Trouper is designed to be convenient for artists to ensure performances are smooth and glitch-free:
- Three channels of inputs: line/mic 1, line/mic 2, and Aux
- XLR, RCA, ¼” and 1/8” connectors
- 2-Band (LF/HF) built-in EQ for each channel
- Full Bluetooth® capability for streaming input signals wirelessly (plus wireless linking of another Trouper system for stereo applications)
- Trapezoidal enclosure dramatically reduces internal standing wave resonances, resulting in cleaner output in upper bass and vocal range
Trouper was also designed to be easy to set up, use, and take real-life punishment, it also has the following features:
- Stand-mountable with 35mm threaded pole socket
- Rugged: Scuff-resistant black vinyl wrap and protective steel corners
- Easily transportable: Lightweight (just 23 lbs.) and built-in handle.
According to Alto, the Trouper is a great-performing, flexible, go-anywhere PA system that makes any small-venue performance sound its best.
“Alto Professional is well-established as one of the world’s leading sound reinforcement companies for medium- and large-scale environments,” said Dustin Plumb, Product Manager for Alto Professional. “With Trouper, we’ve brought that proficiency and great sound quality to smaller spaces, so any size group benefits from Alto Professional’s sound expertise.”
Trouper will ship with an MSRP of £179.99 in the second quarter of 2015.