Cinematic Studio turn their sampling expertise towards a quartet of solo strings.
Cinematic Studio continue to grow their series of Kontakt sample libraries with what is very much the sister to their acclaimed Cinematic Studio Strings (henceforth referred to as CSS — reviewed in SOS October 2016). Cinematic Studio Solo Strings (CSSS) comprises Violin 1, Violin 2, Viola and Cello; unlike CSS, there is no double bass. Recorded in the same location as CSS (Sydney’s Trackdown Scoring Stage), it works in its own right as an expressive string quartet library; it’s also designed to complement the full-ensemble CSS library, not only in tone, but in functionality.
Anyone familiar with CSS will immediately recognise CSSS’s GUI as being identical (apart from the colour scheme) to that of CSS. Everything needed to access all the library’s features is there in a single screen, which keeps things blissfully simple, and makes the software very easy to learn. Since...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.