Though aimed squarely at the serious hi‑fi market, this class‑leading converter has plenty to offer in the studio.
The new ADI‑2 DAC is, essentially, a simplified version of RME’s ultra‑impressive ADI‑2 Pro A‑D/D‑A converter, which I reviewed in April 2017: http://sosm.ag/rme‑adi‑2‑pro). Intended to appeal to the serious domestic hi‑fi market, this latest product has lost its sibling’s A‑D conversion facilities — but as you’ll see, it’s more than just a D‑A converter, and the reduction in functionality brings with it a substantial drop in price. Despite the primary targeting of the hi‑fi market, the ADI‑2 could undoubtedly serve a valid role in the studio as part of a very high‑quality monitoring chain, with its state‑of‑the‑art converters, versatile DSP, and a fully balanced and DC‑coupled...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.