Acustica Audio have announced the release of Tan 2, a new and improved version of their free VCA compressor plug-in. This latest version benefits from Acustica’s new 'hyper-compression' technology, which offers faster and more accurate compression whilst using less CPU power.
In addition to the improved sound quality offered by oversampling within the plug-in, Tan 2 is also now equipped with an internal side-chain, a stereo link control and new anti-aliasing capabilities. Acustica say that various optimisations and graphical improvements have been made, including three different sizing options for the GUI with 1x, 1.5, and 2x options selectable from a drop-down menu at the top right of the plug-in’s interface.
The following emulation modes are available in Tan 2:
- Hyper Tan (1x, 4x oversampling); TAN compressor based on new 'hyper-compression' technology, giving faster and more accurate compression with less CPU consumption
- Hyper Tan AA (1x, 4x oversampling); Anti-Aliasing version of TAN compressor, with smoothing on envelope followers
- Hyper Double Tan (1x, 2x, 4x oversampling); Stereo version of TAN compressor, with stereo link control.
- Hyper Double Tan AA (1x, 2x, 4x oversampling); Anti-Aliasing of Stereo version TAN compressor, with stereo link control
- Original Tan (1x); the original Tan compressor, based on sampling technology
Tan 2 is available in the VST2, VST3, AU and AAX plug-in formats.
Pricing & Availability
Tan 2 is available now as a free download from the Acustica Audio website.