The final programme and exhibitor line-up for Music Expo Boston — the next outing the multi-city series of conferences for music makers — has been announced. Coming to The Record Co. on Sat., June 9, 2018, the event gives you the chance to attend workshops and masterclasses from Grammy award-winning producers, engineers, music artists, composers, and sound designers. Tickets are still available and can be purchased, here: https://musicexpo.co/boston. View the full program, HERE.
As well as previously announced sessions on 3D Audio Tools, Demystifying Mastering and Social Media, program highlights include:
- From Score To Stage - The composers/sound designers behind Call of Duty: Black Ops III, Destiny 2, Transformers and Desperate Housewives take an in-depth look at the process of creating orchestral scores for film and video game mediums.
- Blockchain, A.I. and the Future Of Music - Join Arjun Mendhi, CEO of MTonomy to understand what technologies such as Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) can do for you, and how you can participate in building the future now.
- The ‘Black Magic’ Behind Mastering Tracks - Mastering Engineer Maria Rice will deconstruct masters and discuss ideology, balance, loudness, prepare your mixes and the mastering chain.
- Audio Builders Workshop - This workgroup of The Boston Audio Engineering Society will offer an on-site group-build and seminar for anyone interested in designing or building music production products.
- From Song To Mastering With New Technology - In part one, Mastering/Recording Engineer Jonathan Wyner (James Taylor, David Bowie) records using iZotope's Spire studio. Then, in part two, he demonstrates how to quickly mix and master the recording using iZotope's Neutron and Ozone.
- Unmix To Remix with Venomisto - Renowned artist Venomisto reveals his remix method, using Audionamix vocal extraction technology. He covers advanced audio source separation techniques and shares his perspective on using vocal extractions in tracks using Ableton Live and Native Instruments Traktor.
- Listen To My Music - Panelists Lisa Finelli, Alyssa Spector, Chris Faraone, Ned Wellbery and Angela Mastrogiacomo team up to share insiders tips on how shows are booked, music reviews are written and tips on how to promote music.
- Room Treatment and Speaker Positioning - Building a studio is not just a about of gear and acoustic treatment. It’s understanding how those elements combine to provide a creative and productive work space unique to your needs. Dave Malekpour shares his 20+ years expertise in high-end studios and discusses room acoustics, monitor positioning and shares tips on how to achieve a more precise listening experience.
- Electronic Songwriting - Music Technologist, Performer and Berklee Professor Erin Barra will explore the collision of technology, writing, producing and performing with Ableton Live. She will build a song live on stage while replicating her workflow in the studio, ending with a short performance ad demonstrating her unique use of technology.
Newly added panelists include; Songwriter and Producer Erin Barra (Beats by Girlz and Berklee College of Music), Archivist Jason Bitner, Recording Engineer Derek Blackburn (Imogen Heap, Amanda Palmer), Music Producer and Engineer John Escobar (Larry Coryell, Joshua Bell, Sarah Jarosz), Director of Arts & Culture at the Boston Foundation Allyson Esposito, Music Journalist Chris Faraone (Dig Boston, Boston Herald, Fast Company), Event Curator Lisa Finelli (Xperience Creative), Artist and Producer Derrick Floyd (IK Multimedia), DSP Engineer Brewster La Macchia (Clockworks Signal Processing), Studio Design Consultant Dave Malekpour (Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre), Publicist Angela Mastrogiacomo (Muddy Paw PR), Producer and Engineer Marquis Neal, Artist Cliff Notez (HipStory), Rapper and Promoter DJ Real P, Mastering Engineer Maria Rice (Magnetic Fields, Andrew Bird), Booking Agent and Promoter Alyssa Spector (Lysten Boston), Hip Hop Promoter Ned Wellbery (Kendrick Lamar and Lupe Fiasco).
Music Expo Boston attendees will also have the opportunity to win prizes including iZotope’s Ozone 8, a Steinberg UR-RT2 interface with Rupert Neve transformers, a Prism Sound Lyra 2 and more.
Music Expo Boston’s exhibitors will include; Akai, Audionamix, Genelec, Earthquaker Devices, Eventide, IK Multimedia, iZotope, Prism Sound, Steinberg, Visilian Studios, and Yamaha. Community partners include AES Boston, Nomadic Collective, Mmmmaven, Soundgirls.org and Women In Music.