As we’ve come to expect from Sonnox, their take on the dynamic equaliser boasts more than a touch of class.
The difference between a multiband compressor and a dynamic equaliser is subtle and sometimes misunderstood. Their roles do overlap to some degree, and both work by splitting the signal into multiple frequency bands, but they aren’t identical. Multiband compressors use crossovers with a slope that is usually fixed, even if the crossover frequency is variable, and process each of the resulting frequency bands separately before recombining them, whereas a dynamic EQ...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.