UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerators are a powerful way for Thunderbolt-equipped Mac users to run larger mixes filled with DSP-intensive plug-ins. These desktop-friendly units provide full access to UAD Powered Plug-Ins, including exclusive plug-ins from Studer, Ampex, Lexicon, Neve, Manley, SSL, and more reviewed in the hallowed pages of SOS.
Available in Quad or Octo models with a choice of four or eight SHARC processors, UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerators can also be integrated alongside UAD-2 PCIe cards and Thunderbolt-enabled Apollo interfaces, including Apollo Twin, Apollo, and Apollo 16 — for scalable mixing power.
For an immediate out-of-the-box mixing experience, UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerators are available in Core, Custom, and Ultimate software packages. The Core package includes the Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, while Custom adds a choice of any three individual UAD plug-ins at registration. The Satellite Thunderbolt Octo Ultimate is UA’s flagship package, including more than 79 UA-developed plug-ins — up to and including UAD software v7.8.
UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt Street Pricing
- UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt - QUAD Core ($999)
- UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt - QUAD Custom ($1,399)
- UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt - OCTO Core ($1,499)
- UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt - OCTO Custom ($1,899)
- UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt - OCTO Ultimate ($5,999)
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 connection on Macs for improved performance at higher sample rates, and reduced plug-in latency versus FireWire
- 4 (QUAD) or 8 (OCTO) SHARC processors provide a massive DSP boost for running large mixes
- Access over 90 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Roland, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, Empirical Labs, MXR and more
- Includes Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, featuring the UA 610-B Preamp & EQ and Legacy editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifier, Fairchild 670 Tube Limiter, Pultec Pro Equalizers, UA Precision Enhancer Hz, CS-1 Precision Channel, and RealVerb Pro plug-ins
- Available with Core, Custom, and Ultimate software packages
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including additional UAD-2 PCIe card(s) with a qualified Thunderbolt PCIe chassis, UAD-2 Satellite (FireWire), and Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo interfaces
- Dual Thunderbolt 2 ports for convenient daisy-chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals
- Fan-free construction for quiet operation
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more