Press Release: Developed over a two-year period by AMS founder Mark Crabtree, the new AMS RMX16 Digital Reverb plug-in is now available exclusively for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform and Apollo Thunderbolt Audio Interfaces. This long-awaited plug-in is offered alongside the Summit Audio TLA-100A Compressor plug-in, a longtime studio favorite, developed for the UAD platform by Softube.
The AMS RMX16 was the world's first microprocessor-controlled, full-bandwidth, digital reverb. From U2 and Peter Gabriel to Radiohead and Rihanna, the unique and lush reverb programs of the RMX16 are instantly recognizable. Heard on hundreds — if not thousands— of seminal recordings from the 1980's to today, the AMS RMX16 hardware is still found in nearly every major recording studio the world over.
In developing the UAD plug-in version of this landmark processor, Crabtree dusted off his original schematics for the hardware unit, yielding an exact instruction-for-instruction model of each of the original algorithms in the hardware. Now, owners of the Apollo audio interfaces and UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware can record and mix with an exacting digital emulation of this unique, lush-sounding reverb.
“Only a full and faithful implementation of the RMX16 would satisfy me,” said Mark Crabtree. “I’m excited to have the RMX16 on the UAD-2 platform. I have spent nearly as long designing the plug-in as I did on designing the original unit from scratch!”
- The only authentic RMX16 digital reverb plug-in developed by original hardware designer Mark Crabtree of AMS Neve
- Harness the exact legendary reverb and delay algorithms of the original hardware
- Plug-in-only features including Dry/Wet Mix, Wet Solo, and easy “click-and-type” editing of control values
- Offers classic RMX16 Programs such as Ambience, Nonlinear, Room, Hall, Plate, Echo, Chorus, and Reverse
- Requires UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Card or Apollo interface, available fromauthorized dealers worldwide
A studio mainstay since its introduction in the 1980s, the Summit Audio TLA-100A Compressor is revered for its hybrid tube/solid-state circuit, warm compression, and intuitive interface. Developed by Softube, the Summit Audio TLA-100A Compressor plug-in for Apollo audio interfaces and UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware is an exacting emulation of this legendary compressor.
- An industry-standard compressor for gently smoothing vocals, bass, and acoustic guitars
- Classic soft-knee compression can glue a drum bus or an entire mix
- Dial-in parallel compression with the plug-in-only Wet/Dry control and harmonic warmth with the Saturation control
- Low Cut Filter allows perfectly sculpted compression
- Requires UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Card or Apollo Interface, available fromauthorized dealers worldwide.