Twelve years since the original M300 was launched, illustrious mic makers Gefell have released an omni version — and it doesn’t disappoint!
The Microtech Gefell story is a fascinating one of triumph over adversity, of a company divided but surviving under state control and cold‑war politics, and now thriving again as an independent, privately owned company with an amazing heritage (see box for more detail). We’ve reviewed many of the company’s microphones in the pages of Sound On Sound over the years, but the subject here is an addition to the small‑diaphragm M300 range, which I reviewed back in April 2006. The original M300 cardioid model gained a hypercardioid sibling (the M310) quite quickly, but it’s taken more than a decade for Microtech Gefell to introduce an omnidirectional version to the...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.