OneRepublic producer plus loads more speakers added to inaugural Nashville event
Music Expo — the multi-city conference for music makers — will be kicking off in Nashville on Saturday 22 September at SAE Institute with an all-star line-up of Grammy award-winning producers, engineers, songwriters, artists and Nashville music industry leaders.
The speaker line-up for the full-day of presentations, panels, educational workshops and music production masterclasses has just become even more impressive, too, adding the likes of producer F. Reid Shippen (Cage The Elephant, OneRepublic) as keynote speaker and veteran Nashville record Producer Gail Davies (Emmylou Harris, Willie Nelson).
Joining them will be Indigo Girls producer and MØXE studio owner, Jordan Brooke Hamlin, who we featured in our Studio Tour video feature this month. Other newly announced guests and speakers include film director Jessica Fenton, mastering rngineer Pete Lyman (Chris Stapleton, Weezer), producer Daniel Tashian (Kacey Musgraves, Martina McBride) and artist Hanna Duff.
Brand new programme highlights just announced include:
- Women In The Music Industry — Known as one of Nashville's trailblazing female record producers, Gail Davies will share her personal experience as a backup singer, record producer and songwriter.
- Huge Drums, Tiny Room — The Tracking Room’s Head Engineer, Matt Leigh, shows you how to get a a great sound without sample replacement with Forest Fire Gospel Choir’s drummer Dan Closser sharing an in-studio demonstration.
- Artist Development From the Producer Perspective — with Producer and Record Label Owner Femke Weidema
- Behind the Scenes of the Proof In Music Video Series — Hear why this all-women, music production series was started, who’s being featured, and why it’s so important in today’s recording studio culture. Presented by the series creator Jess Fenton.
- Mastering Audio: From Recording Studio to Pressing Plant — Mastering Engineer Pete Lyman (Chris Stapleton, Fall Out Boy, Weezer) will discuss the creative process behind digital mastering, and the process of vinyl record production.
- The Producer In The Writing Room — Nashville's newest generation of Producer/Writers discuss the evolution of songwriting and producing, and how the craft is being redefined in Music City.
Music Expo Nashville is also calling for music creators to submit their tracks until Mon., Sept. 17th for an opportunity to receive feedback during #MusicExpoNashville 'Producer In The Writing Room’ Panel. Selected entrants will receive feedback on their track and a ticket to attend.
Don't miss out on this fantastic day of workshops, panels, masterclasses and more. Advance tickets are $35 and are available now. Tickets at the door will be available for $45.