Press Release: M-Audio (m-audio.com), synonymous with innovative music production technology, today announced the introduction of their revolutionary, premier controller, the CTRL 49. The new keyboard provides advanced control of virtual instruments and DAWs via a full- colour, high-resolution 4.3-inch screen. It features a 49-key semi-weighted keybed, and the directional cluster of hardware controls has been meticulously thought out for effortless operation. Producers will find the CTRL 49 to be an inspiring and intuitive experience.
The CTRL 49 is powered by the included Virtual Instrument Player (VIP) software. VIP software enables users to access any VSTi virtual instrument or effect in their computer directly from the keyboard. Users can quickly filter and search through every patch in their plugin library by using the built-in tagging function, making it simple to find the sound they’re after quickly. VIP auto-maps the CTRL 49’s controls to the selected plugin, and displays the plugin parameters directly on the full- colour display for a natural, familiar 1:1 workstation-style experience.
VIP software in the CTRL 49 also creates a multi directly from the keyboard. Using a multi, producers can combine up to 8 patches from 1 or more plugins, and have the option to layer, mix and pan these patches all at once. Users can even set keyboard splits and transpose individual patches within their multi. This advanced design feature means users can save all the new sounds they’ve created and easily recall them at any point.
For optimum live performance use, VIP software also creates “setlists” that deliver fast on-demand access to virtual instruments and effects. With the press of a single button, users can switch to the next plugin they want—without ever reaching for a computer.
CTRL 49 Features:
- Integrated 4.3-inch high-resolution full-colour screen with dedicated interface buttons
- Screen provides 1:1 real-time feedback of plugin parameters
- Includes Virtual Instrument Player software - load, play and control any VST or effect plugin quickly
- Mackie/HUI for DAW control
- 49-key M-Audio semi-weighted keybed
- 9 faders and 8 buttons with Mackie Control® and HUI® for seamless control of the DAW
- Performance-ready 360-degree encoders
- FX button for future VIP updates
- 4 banks of 8 velocity- and pressure-sensitive drum pads with RGB illumination
- Roll mode, time division, transport, arpeggiator, and tap tempo buttons
- Functions as a standalone MIDI controller or controls your plugins and DAW simultaneously
Includes software: Ableton Live Lite, AIR Creative Collection FX (20 World Class FX AU/VST plugins as made famous by Pro Tools®), Vacuum Pro, Loom, Hybrid 3, Xpand!2, Velvet, Transfuser, Eighty Eight Ensemble
“The CTRL 49 is a game-changer for serious producers,” said JC Sutherland, Product Manager for M- Audio. “Now they can access their entire virtual instrument library right from their keyboard, without ever being distracted by a computer, which makes the creative/performance process smoother than ever before. Working together, the CTRL 49 and VIP unlock your VSTs and enable them to function like actual instruments. Once you get used to this, there’s no going back.”
The M-Audio CTRL 49 will ship with an MSRP of £349.99 It will be available in the 2nd Quarter of 2016.