The team behind modular synth documentary I Dream Of Wires (now on Netflix) have announced the launch of a Kickstarter campaign to fund an exciting new feature-length documentary aiming to create a definitive and personal documentary about the life of iconic synthesizer pioneer, Bob Moog. Electronic Voyager, in association with the Bob Moog Foundation (https://moogfoundation.org), will give viewers an insight into the man behind the iconic Moog brand through the eyes of Moog's own daughter, Michelle Moog-Koussa — also a dedicated Moog archivist and historian.
The recent, tragic passing of Bob Moog's close friend and important collaborator, Keith Emerson — perhaps the most iconic Moog keyboardist — was just another reminder of how important it is to document Bob Moog's crucial chapter in the history of electronic music, NOW. We are turning to Kickstarter — a direct link to Bob Moog's friends, admirers and fans — to help us get to work on this important documentary as soon as possible.
Confirmed participants include:
- Herb Deutsch (composer, Bob Moog’s collaborator on the first Moog synthesizer)
- Rick Wakeman (Yes)
- Gary Numan
- Adrian Utley (Portishead)
- Gershon Kingsley (First Moog Quartet, “Popcorn”)
- Larry Fast (Synergy, Peter Gabriel)
- Malcolm Cecil and Robert Margouleff (TONTO’s Expanding Head Band, Stevie Wonder)
- Bernie Krause (Beaver & Krause, Moog modular session musician - George Harrison, The Doors)
- Morton Subotnick
- Dave Smith (Sequential Circuits)
- Tom Oberheim
- Roger Linn …with many more to come
Kickstarter prizes include:
- A deluxe 2-disc BluRay DigiBook, hardbound with 44-page full-color book
- Exclusive Minimoog hand-screened neckties and scarves by Cyberoptix
- Exclusive Moog-themed Cats On Synthesizers In Space T-shirts
- New-old-stock vintage Moog’s Musical Eatery cookbooks
- 8” x 10” classic Gary Numan photos signed by the man himself …and more!