Moog have announced the release of The Moogerfooger Effects Plug-ins, a software bundle that offers plug-in versions of the Moogerfooger effects pedals originally designed by Bob Moog and his team in the late 90s.
Each of the seven original devices have been meticulously recreated, and have retained all of the functionality that helped to make them popular, whilst offering some new features which take advantage of the increased versatility provided by modern DAW-based systems.
The original devices were equipped with CV inputs and outputs, which provided users with a wide range of modulation options when using multiple pedals. This capability has been recreated in the software versions, with each instance of a plug-in able to modulate the parameters of any other within a DAW project.
All of the plug-ins are able to operate in stereo, and further versatility is provided thanks to the addition of digital attenuverters to every CV input, as well as the introduction of side-chain and DC offset capabilities. There are also some further modulation options available to Ableton and Bitwig users thanks to integration with Ableton CV Tools and Bitwig Grid.
- MF-101S Lowpass Filter - The classic Moog ladder filter with an envelope follower for dynamic control
- MF-102S Ring Modulator - A wide-range carrier oscillator paired with an LFO for effects from soft tremolo through far-out clangorous ring modulation tones
- MF-103S 12-Stage Phaser - A descendant of the vibrant 1970s rack-mounted Moog phaser with an on-board LFO
- MF-104S Analog Delay - A rich, full-bodied delay and modulation circuit that has remained highly sought-after to this day
- MF-105S MuRF - A groundbreaking effect combining a resonant filter bank with a pattern generator and skewing envelope for vibrant animation of an incoming sound
- MF-107S FreqBox - A box of gnarly synced VCO sounds with envelope and FM modulation
- MF-108S Cluster Flux - A flexible processor that can modulate between chorus, flanging, and vibrato
We’re currently putting The Moogerfooger Effects Plug-ins through their paces here at SOS, with a review planned for a future issue.
The plug-ins are supported on Intel PCs running Windows 10 or above, and Intel or Apple Silicon Macs running macOS 10.13 and above. They are available in VST3, AU, and AAX formats, and are licensed via iLok, but do not require a physical dongle.
Pricing & Availability
The Moogerfooger Effects Plug-ins are available now for a limited-time introductory price of $149, after which the price will increase to $249.