At the Winter NAMM show in California, which closed only hours ago, M-Audio announced the debut of Trigger Finger Pro, an advanced performance pad controller with onboard sequencing and software integration.
Trigger Finger Pro is a performance instrument and software control station in the form of a portable, 16-pad (four-by-four) instrument with onboard sequencing. Nearly a decade after the launch of the original Trigger Finger, the Trigger Finger Pro draws from its predecessor’s performance pad roots but features an entirely new hardware design, user experience, and creative functionality to serve both the live performer as well as the music producer. Its modern design features 16 ultra-responsive RGB illuminated pads, 16 backlit step sequencer key controls, a road-ready chassis with brushed aluminium faceplate, and a high resolution screen.
The all-new Arsenal software integrates with popular DAWs, hosts VSTs and includes automatic mapping, providing seamless integration between the hardware and software. Along with AIR Drums and Hybrid 3 plug-ins, Trigger Finger Pro includes 8 GB of ready-to-play sounds, loops, one-shots with exclusive content from Black Anomaly, Prime Loops, Toolroom Records, and more.
Here are the highlights from M-Audio:
• 16 Ultra-Responsive Pads – velocity sensitive, illuminated pads with RGB feedback
• Onboard Step Sequencer – accompanied by 16 backlit keys, and high-res screen
• Extensive Expression Controls – 48 assignable controls are offered between 4 faders, 4 knobs, and 4 buttons with 4 banks each, and includes pitch bend, modulation and more
• Arsenal Software – allows for instant DAW/VST integration with full tactile control parameters; or operates as a standalone program with powerful presets & VI’s
• AIR Drums and Hybrid 3 – includes two dynamic VST instrument programs, a drum sample player/editor compatible with REX files and a high definition analog synth suite
• Customizable Controls – backlit controls instantly map to popular DAWs on the market
• Road Ready Chassis – brushed aluminum faceplate with detachable 3-position stand.
“We’re excited with the Trigger Finger Pro because it offers true hands-on control for today’s multi-talented musicians who require software integration as part of their live performances – and we’re equally thrilled with its place in the studio environment providing seamless DAW integration,” said M-Audio Product Manager JC Sutherland. “The addition of the new onboard M-Audio Arsenal software makes for a powerful package onstage or in the studio.”
Trigger Finger Pro will be available Spring 2014, distributed worldwide with a $399 USD street.